Greater Sydney Restrictions Toughened
From 5pm today (Friday, 9 July) the following additional restrictions will be in place for Greater Sydney including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour:
- Outdoor public gatherings limited to two people (excluding members of the same household);
- People must stay in their Local Government Area or within 10kms of home for exercise and outdoor recreation, with no carpooling between non-household members;
- Browsing in shops is prohibited, plus only one person per household, per day may leave the home for shopping;
- Funerals limited to ten people in total (this will take effect from Sunday, 11 July).
The four reasons to leave your home remain in place:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only);
- Medical care or compassionate needs (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers’ responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons);
- Exercise with no more with more than 1 other person so 2 people in total (unless members of the same household)
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
For bike riders living in these areas it means, they must ride in their Local Government Area or within 10kms of home for exercise and they can’t exercise with more than 1 other person (unless members of the same household).
Find the full list of restrictions here.
Restrictions in Rural and Regional
To help control the spread across all of NSW, there are restrictions in place for regional and rural areas until midnight Friday, 16 July. Masks are mandatory in an indoor area of a non-residential premises in NSW i.e shops, gyms, hairdressers, entertainment facilities. You can find the full list of venues here.
While masks do not need to be worn when riding, we encourage all riders to carry a mask with them when cycling in these areas, just in case they need to stop at any point of their ride. Even if you aren’t planning to stop, mechanical or medical events may occur and you’ll need to have a mask ready.
There are further limitations on group gatherings which can be viewed on the NSW Health website here. Bike riders can continue to cycle in groups however if they are outside Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour they cannot enter these areas without a reasonable excuse.
We encourage all groups to maintain social distancing and to be diligent in following the COVID-19 safe principles.
Here is the list of restrictions for regional and rural NSW.